Over the next couple years, we will revise our environmental health regulations to:
1. Respond to industry requests.
2. Reflect updates to state and local codes.
3. Clarify language.
4. Improve customer experience.
5. Strengthen opportunities for health equity.
6. Reduce unnecessary actions.
7. Improve administrative efficiencies, while protecting and improving public health and the environment.
We will also create new regulations based on public health need and community input.
Regulations currently in review
We are revising Chapter 6: Infectious Waste and Chapter 12: Solid Waste Handling Standards. The regulations are scheduled for proposed adoption at the Board of Health meeting Wednesday, July 3 at 3 p.m.