We are in Safe Start Phase 2. Read our press release.

Questions about COVID-19? Visit our COVID-19 pages.

We suspended most in-person services. Read our blog post.

The Health Department is closed July 3 for the Fourth of July Holiday.

Report a Problem

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Quick and easy ways to submit a concern.

Per RCW 42.56.240 you may request to keep your name and information confidential when submitting a concern. However, the Health Department may be required to release your name and information pursuant to Public Disclosure or court order.


To report a business not following Safe Start Washington Recovery Plan requirements, submit a complaint to Washington State Department of Health.

Foodborne illness

Write down when your symptoms occurred and your five-day food history so you don't forget. If you have a serious case of foodborne illness, first seek medical attention.

Food safety

We investigate reports promptly. Anonymous reports are accepted. We ask for your contact information in case we need more information from you.

On-site sewage

Report a septic system you think is failing or incorrectly installed.

Pool or spa

We respond to concerns about pools and spas at apartments, condos, hotels and fitness centers.

Residential waste or garbage


We investigate concerns that impact students’ health. Before reaching out to us, we encourage you to first contact school support staff.

If you are a teacher with a health concern, please file a complaint with Labor and Industries.

Septic service provider

Report a problem with a septic system service company.

Solid waste facility

We regulate solid waste handling facilities operating in Pierce County, including:

  • Landfills.
  • Transfer stations.
  • Garbage haulers.
  • Compost facilities.
  • Recyclers.

Submit a report if one of these is creating an environmental or public health concern. We investigate reports promptly. Give us as much information as possible. The more detailed you are, the quicker we can respond and resolve the issue.  

Smoking or vaping in public places