This holiday season, we’re giving you the gift of customer service improvement. Staff at Planning and Public Works (PPW) and Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department spent the last year working together to prepare for faster service times, more electronic visibility and a better customer experience—for you.
You can get more information online.
- You can see the documents you submit, status and approvals online.
- We review all applications electronically.
- You get emails when we have an update to share or issue your permit.
- We can view and review work in either system.
You benefit from streamlined processes.
- You can submit applications online or in person at PPW or the Health Department.
- You get review of single-family homes with a single site plan.
We’re working better together.
- Staff from Planning and Public Works and the Health Department are co-located at the Annex.
- Both agencies’ staff attend Advisory Group meetings.
We’ve got great things in store for 2020.
We will continue to simplify the permitting process and improve review times, and:
- The Health Department will offer a combined application for Onsite Septic Systems and Individual Wells to reduce paperwork and improve efficiency in review.
- PPW will reduce permit types and link permits associated with certain actions to reduce the number of applications to track.
- Share information about the relationship between shoreline regulations and septic needs.
- Improve webpages to communicate clearly, let customers know where they are in the application process and reduce application errors.
- Improve our communication on the linkages between PPW Development Engineering stormwater requirements with TPCHD septic systems so that applicants consider their combined importance together as they scope out a property to place a new house on.
- Continue to engage with the Professional Engineers and Septic Designers on getting all work shown on a single site plan when possible.
- Identify linkages in review criteria that create unintended road blocks to provide our customers with the right information that gets them through all divisions.
We want to hear your feedback.
Email questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.