Information for contractors and consultants.
Not sure if your waste can go to the landfill?
Industrial waste such as contaminated soil can be dangerous and isn’t accepted at the landfill.
We can help. We use the Waste Disposal Authorization (WDA) process to determine if the waste is hazardous or non-hazardous so you can properly dispose in Pierce County.
Examples of wastes that need the WDA process:
- Contaminated soils.
- Industrial wastes (ash, slag).
- Spent sandblast material.
- Paint-booth filters.
- Residue from steam-cleaning operations.
- Grit and soil from carwash catch basins.
- Certain asbestos waste.
Get a waste disposal authorization.
2018 & 2019 fees
- WDA review fee: $165.
- Renewals and modifications: $90.
We will review the application and let you know within three business days if you can dispose the waste in Pierce County. If accepted, we will issue the Waste Disposal Authorization. Conditions of approval vary.
Pierce County facilities that accept waste through WDA process:
- LRI Landfill, 30919 Meridian St. E Graham, (253) 847-7555 (large quantities).
- City of Tacoma Transfer and Recovery Facility, 3510 S. Mullen St., Tacoma, (253) 591-5543 (small quantities).
- Hidden Valley Transfer Station, 17925 Meridian S, Puyallup, (253) 847-7555 (small quantities).
- Wm Dickson Waller Road Inert Waste Landfill, 2839 48th St. E Tacoma,
(253) 472-4489 (Inert waste only)
Contact our Waste Management team at email@example.com or (253) 798-6047.