Free medicine return locations and services in Pierce County.
You can safely return medicine you don't need. MED-Project—funded by the drug industry—offers kiosk and postage-paid return envelopes to dispose unwanted medicine.
You can drop off drugs sold in any form at kiosks like:
- Over-the-counter medications.
- Controlled substances.
- Pet medications.
Visit MED-Project.org to find:
- The items they accept.
- Kiosk hours.
Why should I use secure medicine return?
- Limit drug abuse. The home medicine cabinet is one of the most common places people look for drugs to get high.
- Prevent poisoning. Young children get poisoned when they take medicine not meant for them.
- Protect the environment. When you flush medicine down the toilet or throw it in the trash, it pollutes our water and soil.
Rules and Regulations
- MED-Project Stewardship Plan
- Secure Medicine Return-Board of Health Resolution
- Drug Enforcement Administration Final Rule
- Drug companies who participate in the program
- Residential Needles or Sharps
- Business Pharmaceutical Wastes
- Mercury Thermometers
- Washington Poison Center
- Walgreens Safe Medication Disposal
Contact us at email@example.com or (253) 798-6429.