Pierce County expands free medicine return locations and services.
- MED-Project—funded by the drug industry—offers kiosk locations and postage-paid return envelopes to safely return and dispose unwanted medicine.
- MED-Project kiosks accept drugs sold in any form including:
- Over-the-counter medications.
- Controlled substances.
- Pet medications.
- Kiosks and return envelopes are available to all Pierce County residents.
Visit MED-Project.org to find:
- Accepted and not-accepted items.
- Kiosk hours.
Why should I use secure medicine return?
- Limit drug abuse. The home medicine cabinet is one of the most common places people look for drugs to get high.
- Prevent accidental poisoning. Many young children get poisoned by taking medicine not intended for them.
- Protect the environment. When you flush medicine down the toilet or throw it in the trash, it pollutes our water and soil.
- Residential Needles or Sharps
- Business Pharmaceutical Wastes
- Mercury Thermometers
- Washington Poison Center
- Walgreens Safe Medication Disposal
Contact us at email@example.com or (253) 798-6429.