Protect your health and environment.
What we do.
We develop the Local Hazardous Waste Management Plan for safe management of hazardous waste in Pierce County.
Most homes have:
- Chemicals to keep our houses clean.
- Products for weather protection.
- Automotive supplies.
- Chemicals to keep our lawn green and weed-free.
- Unwanted or expired medications.
- Old or broken fluorescent lamps.
- Old or unwanted electronics.
Store or toss them out the safe way!
Improper use, storage or disposal of chemicals or medicine can harm your family and pollute drinking water, lakes, streams and soil.
Follow best practices for safe storage.
- Read the label for how to use chemicals.
- Buy only the quantity you need.
- Store leftover chemicals out of reach of children and pets.
- Dispose unwanted chemicals at household hazardous waste collection sites:
Use safe alternatives.
Consider using less toxic chemicals around your home. Decrease the risk of polluting the environment—and keep you, your family and pets healthy.
- Alternatives for Toxics: Washington Toxics Coalition.
- Safer Choice (US EPA Safer Product Standards).
- Natural Yard Care.
- Green Cleaning Kit (English).
- Green Cleaning Kit (Español).
Email Troy Rowan at email@example.com or call the Hazardous Waste Hotline at (800) 287-6429.