Tools to help your business succeed and protect the environment.
Check out the links below for information to help run your business efficiently while you protect the environment and your employees.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Contact:
- Joyce Seger at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 405-8595.
- Dangerous waste regulations: Why they matter?—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance to help understand dangerous waste regulations.
- Dangerous waste basics—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance to help understand basic waste management principals.
- Pollution prevention by business type—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance to help manage dangerous waste.
- Common dangerous materials—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance on common dangerous waste.
- Treatment by generator—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance to help manage dangerous waste.
- Shop guide—Washington State Department of Ecology comprehensive guide for businesses with dangerous waste.
- Hazardous waste service provider yellow book—King County Local Hazardous Waste Management Program service provider directory.
- Used oil vs waste oil—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance to help manage used oil and waste oil.
- Manage batteries & mercury containing equipment—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance to help manage Universal Waste.
- Fluorescent light recycling—Light Recycle Washington offers free disposal of fluorescent lights.
- Free printable Labels—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance to help you properly store and label business wastes.
Pollution prevention guidance
- Shop Talk—Ecology’s dangerous waste and pollution prevention newsletter.
- Pollution Prevention topic hub—Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange national partnership.
Spill prevention and response
- How to use your spill kit video—City of Seattle video demonstrating how to use a spill kit.
- Spill plan template—Our spill plan template.
- Spill plan template-en Español—Our spill plan template (en Español).
- Vehicle and equipment washing—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance on vehicle washing.
- Catch basin maintenance—City of Tacoma catch basin maintenance.
- Puget Sound Starts Here—Puget Sound partnership to protect Puget Sound.
- Washington Storm Water Center—Resource for storm water assistance, research, and training.
- Oil water separator fact sheet—City of Tacoma guidance to reduce impacts to sewer.
- Restaurant BMPs for fats, oils and grease—City of Tacoma guidance to reduce impacts to sewer.
- Business wastes to on-site septic systems—Clark County Public Health guidance for businesses that use septic systems.
Greening your business
- Recycling resources for businesses—Pierce County recycling guidance.
- Industrial Materials Exchange (IMEX)—Resource for reuse of surplus materials.
- Resources for small business—EPA small business resources
Finding less toxic alternatives
- How to buy green products—Washington State Department of Ecology guidance on buying green products.
- EPA's Safer Choice chemicals—EPA database of safer chemicals.
Water and energy conservation
- Technical Resources for Engineering Efficiency (TREE)—Washington State Department of Ecology program to save money and reduce waste.
- Energy Star for small businesses—EPA guidance on reducing energy waste and energy costs.
- Re-energizing your business—Puget Sound Energy’s commercial incentives.
- Ways to save at work—Tacoma Public Utilities resources, rebates and guidance for energy efficiency.
- Do I need a Puget Sound Clean Air Agency permit?—Puget Sound Clean Air Agency guidance on permit requirements.
Occupational health and safety
- Global harmonization hazard communication video and training—Department of Labor and Industries guidance to reduce injuries and illness in the workplace.
- L&I small business center—Department of Labor and Industries guidance reducing injuries and illness in the workplace.
- Small business liaison list—Department of Labor and Industries government contacts.