Healthy students are better learners.
We all want students to succeed. To do that, they need healthy and safe places to learn. We inspect schools so students and schools can thrive.
Public and private K-12 schools need inspections every two years. During inspections, our staff:
- Visit playgrounds, classrooms and other areas to ensure students are safe.
- Share results with the school.
- Work with school districts if they need improvement.
We also respond to complaints and reports of school health and safety concerns.
Help us improve our program!
Join our School Advisory Workgroup. With your help, we can make our program better and provide more value to schools and communities.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 798-4430.
- School Advisory Workgroup—Mission, members and meeting materials.
- School Zone—Newsletter for school staff.
- Plan review—Needed before construction or remodel of any school.
- Workshops, regulations and more—Information from Washington Department of Health.
- Health and Safety Guide for K-12 Schools in Washington.
- Public Playground Safety Handbook—Guide for managing safe playgrounds.
- WAC 246-366—State regulations for schools.