Protect your air, land, food and water.
How can you improve our environmental health?
Talk with family, friends, neighbors, employer, coworkers, organizations and elected officials:
- Use this report to start a conversation.
- Share your concerns, values and vision.
- Get involved in organizations and decisions that affect you and your community.
- Develop and support policies that are better for our environment, health and economy.
- Tell them what you and others are doing and encourage them to do their part!
Save money, energy and other resources:
- Buy less stuff.
- Reduce and recycle waste.
- Walk, bike, bus and carpool more—drive less.
Support your local food supply and economy:
- Grow food in your yard or a community garden.
- Buy food from local farmers.
- Use a clean heat source.
- Practice natural yard care.
- Maintain your septic system.
- Don’t drip and drive.
- Scoop your dog’s poop.
- Wash your hands!