Health in all decision-making processes
How can you use a health lens in your Comprehensive Plan Update planning process? The process tools are the pathway. The tools support Washington State’s Growth Management Act, provide a decision-making framework and a set of actions.
The health lens complements the traditional planning practices. This approach:
- Includes underrepresented populations.
- Brings health issues to the forefront in the community assessment process.
- Identifies underserved areas and concentrations of disparities to support the people-prosperity-planet approach.
Learn how you can augment health considerations throughout the planning process by following the link in each planning step.
Steps in Comprehensive Plan Update Process:
- Community Assessment and Existing Conditions Update.
- Goal Formulation.
- Policy Development.
- Draft Plan Review.
- SEPA Review.
- Final Plan Adoption.
- Plan Implementation.
- Plan Monitoring and Performance Management.