Health in all decision-making processes
How can you use a health lens in your Comprehensive Plan Update planning process? Use planning process tools. They:
- Support Washington State’s Growth Management Act.
- Provide a decision-making framework.
- Provide a set of actions.
When you include a health lens, you complement traditional planning practices. A health lens approach:
- Considers underrepresented populations.
- Brings health issues to the front.
- Identifies underserved areas and centers of disparities. This supports the people-prosperity-planet approach.
Learn how to include a health lens in your planning process. Comprehensive Plan Update process steps:
- Community assessment.
- Goal forming.
- Policy development.
- Draft plan review.
- SEPA review.
- Final plan adoption.
- Plan implementation.
- Plan monitoring and performance management.