Planners learning from one another to promote health.
What this group is about?
The Healthy Community Planning Interest Group promotes healthy community planning practices and supports healthy communities within Pierce County.
- Promotes learning opportunities among peers to create healthy communities.
- Identifies best practices and policies to address the root causes of health and health disparities.
- Provides technical assistance and resources to help other jurisdictions develop healthy communities.
- Provides healthy community planning input to Growth Management Coordinating Committee, Transportation Coordinating Committee, Pierce County Regional Council, and Puget Sound Regional Council.
- Provides healthy community planning support to Growth Management Coordinating Committee and Transportation Coordinating Committee professionals.
Meeting time and place?
- The last Thursday of the month at 8:30 a.m. in January, April, July and October.
- Pierce County Annex Conference Room D, 2401 S. 35th St. Tacoma, WA 98409.
Interested in joining?
We welcome all planners, transportation and health professionals, and academia throughout Pierce County. Join the Healthy Community Planning Interest Group.