What does a healthy community look like?
We deserve to live, learn, work and play in healthy places.
Where you live and the things around you can affect your health. Things that can influence community health are:
- Good parks.
- Streets that are pedestrian and bike friendly.
- Places to gather in the community.
- Other planning decisions.
Plan for healthy communities so healthy choices easier to make.
Promoting healthy human habitat and livable communities.
We help local agencies think more about health in their planning. We also share information to promote community health.
Smart and sustainable environments can help make communities healthy.
We work with policy makers, planners, and community members to build sustainable and healthy communities.
We ensure communities are healthy and sustainable and:
- Encourage land use and transportation planners to think about people, prosperity, and planet.
- Get affected communities to help shape the planning process.
- Address gaps in health.
- Reduce health risks.
We work with other agencies in comprehensive planning. Find out more about how we can help.
You can contact Amy Pow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 576-6222.