Leaks pollute the ground, water and indoor air
Half of the 600 contaminated sites in Pierce County are from leaky USTs. We work with property owners and consultants to clean up current and historic contaminated underground storage tank (UST) sites. We issue cleanup and tank-removal permits and provide guidance to get started.
USTs store fuel and other liquids. Leaks can happen at gas stations, industrial sites, schools and hospitals. These sites are harmful to our health, the environment and our economy.
Home heating oil tanks
Contact your local Fire Marshal for questions about home heating oil tanks.
Guidance for property owners
- Hiring a consultant.
- Financing cleanups.
- Service providers, contractors, consultants.
- Home heating oil tank info.
Applications, fees, regulatory information
- Site cleanup and UST removal permit application.
- Variance or waiver request.
- Administrative hearing/appeal to the Health Officer.
- UST fee schedule.
- Permitting process.
- Site Cleanup/Underground Storage Tank Program FAQs.
- Environmental Health Code, Chapter 4 Regulation Summary.
- Environmental Health Code, Chapter 4, Underground Storage Tanks.
- Public records request.
Hazardous waste disposal
Visit Waste Management for hazardous waste disposal information.
Find contaminated sites in your neighborhood:
Contact Rob Olsen at email@example.com or (253) 798-2855.