Leaks pollute the ground, water and indoor air.
We require cleanup at current and historic underground storage tank (UST) sites. We issue permits for cleanup and tank removal. We also provide guidance on how to get started.
USTs store fuel and other liquids. Leaks can happen at gas stations, industrial sites, schools and hospitals. These sites are harmful to our health, the environment and our economy.
Home heating oil tanks
Contact your local Fire Marshal for questions about home heating oil tanks.
Contact Rob Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 798-2855.
Guidance for property owners
- Hiring a consultant.
- Financing cleanups.
- Service providers, contractors, consultants.
- Home heating oil tank info.
Applications, fees, regulatory information
- Site cleanup and UST removal permit application.
- Variance or waiver request.
- Administrative hearing/appeal to the Health Officer.
- UST fee schedule.
- Permitting process.
- Site Cleanup/Underground Storage Tank Program FAQs.
- Environmental Health Code, Chapter 4 Regulation Summary.
- Environmental Health Code, Chapter 4, Underground Storage Tanks.
Hazardous waste disposal
Visit Waste Management for hazardous waste disposal information.