We are in Safe Start Phase 2. Read our press release.

Questions about COVID-19? Visit our COVID-19 pages.

We suspended most in-person services. Read our blog post.

Decorative pattern

Hazardous Spills

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Protect our health: clean spills when they happen.

The state Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA) requires reporting and cleanup of spills.

Report spills.

Report a spill to the Washington State Department of Ecology.

Common spills include:

  • Vehicle fluids.
  • Lawn and garden chemicals.
  • Oil-based paint.
  • Heating oil.

When do I have to report a spill?

Report all spills to Ecology when they happen. Early reporting and cleanup reduces:

  • Spread of contamination.
  • Cleanup costs.
  • The impact to public health and the environment.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer