New camp, new owner or making changes to an existing camp?
We can help.
Through our camp registration process, we make sure your camp facility is safe and healthy for the public.
Before you turn in your registration.
- Contact your local Building, Planning and Zoning Department for more requirements.
- Get your Washington Business License.
- Complete a Water Adequacy Verification form.
- Complete a Sewer/Septic Verification form.
How to register.
We have 1 registration for new construction, remodels or change of ownership. Fee for review is hourly and non-refundable.
To get started:
- Complete a Camp Registration Packet.
- Complete Water Recreational Facilities Plan Review Packet if your camp has pools or spas.
- Complete a Food Plan Review Packet if you plan to store, prepare and serve food.
- Submit your packets, forms and review fees in person or by mail.
How long will the process take?
You must get approval from us before opening your camp. Submit your registration as early as possible to meet your opening deadline. We will email approval or ask questions within 30 business days.
What happens once I'm approved?
We email an approval letter to you and the Building Department. Once your camp is ready to open:
- Pay your annual fee.
- Schedule a pre-opening inspection. Must be at least 5 business days before your camp opens.
Call (253) 798-4430, email firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a consultation. We’re available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.