Are you looking for a group project to educate youth?
Tobacco remains the leading cause of preventable death and disease in Washington. The tobacco industry spends large amounts of money creating new products to get people hooked on nicotine—their users are getting younger and younger. 2018 Healthy Youth Data shows 1 in 3 10th and 12th graders vaped in the last 30 day.
Tobacco and Vaping Prevention Project
We will fund organizations $5,000 to complete education activities in their communities. Groups will select two-four activities to educate their peers, community members or decision makers about the nicotine product risks.
Who should apply?
Pierce County organizations who work with youth. The Tobacco and Vaping Prevention Project is an opportunity for youth to research the health effects nicotine products and share what they learn with local decision makers.
What are the project requirements?
Selected organizations will receive grant funds to:
- Complete two-four activities from the attached list.
- Identify a project coordinator to meet the deliverables of the project scope of work.
- The project coordinator will maintain regular communication with Health Department staff.
- Follow Health Department report and invoice guidelines.
What is the project budget?
We will award four $5,000 grants. Organizations can spend funds on youth incentives, staff costs, materials, transportation, etc. The Health Department will approve budgets prior to signing contracts.
What are the project dates?
|March 21, 2019
|| Applications closed.
|April 17, 2019
|| Applications due by 5 p.m.
|May 3, 2019
|| Selected organizations notified.
|| Project planning and contract process.
|Aug. 30, 2019
|| First invoice and report due.
|Nov. 15, 2019
|| Second invoice and reports due.
Contact Jessica Alvestad at email@example.com or (253) 377-4242.
- Health Youth Data – All data from the 2018 survey.
- CounterTobacco.org—A comprehensive resource to counteract tobacco product sales and marketing at the POS.
- Kick Butts Day – List of tobacco education activities for all ages.
- Pierce County Health Equity—How we work to achieve health equity in Pierce County.