It’s never too late to quit!
Quitting tobacco is one of the best things you can do for your health.
Tobacco remains the leading cause of preventable death.
Tools and resources can help you kick the habit for good.
You are twice as likely to quit for good when you use resources and professional support.
Talk to your healthcare provider
Most healthcare plans provide cessation resources to help you quit. You can get:
- Counseling for 2 quit attempts per year. This can include individual, telephone and group sessions.
- FDA approved medications. Prescription 90-day per quit attempt.
Free resources to quit
Telephone quit lines
Washington State Quitline:1 (800) QUIT-NOW: Offers counseling with coaches, as well as nicotine gum and patches. This can depend on your insurance coverage.
Asian Smokers' Quitline—They offer free self-help materials, counseling and 2-week nicotine-patch starter kits.
Web-based app and texting
Become an Ex: This is an interactive website and texting program. You can develop a plan and get helpful information.
Smokefree Teen—Educates teens who are interested in quitting and offers them help.
Truth Initiative: Texting Cessation Program.
WA Department of Health: Quip App
Pierce County resources
CHI Franciscan weekly support groups. Freedom from Tobacco is offered weekly in Gig Harbor, Tacoma and Lakewood.
MultiCare tobacco cessation resources.
- It's Never Too Late to Quit brochure: Free and low cost resources for people who live in Pierce County.
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association—They offer online support, information on resources and insurance coverage. They also have training opportunities.
- Tips From Former Smokers: You can learn about real people who live with serious long-term health effects from smoking and secondhand smoke. This is a campaign by the CDC.
- Education for providers—The basics for providers to help patients quit tobacco, nicotine and vapor products.
Contact Miae Aramori at email@example.com or (253) 376-7362.