Do you work with youth? Looking for a group project?
Help educate youth and the community about the risks of these alternative tobacco products:
- Increase youth's knowledge about the risks of alternative tobacco products.
- Decrease the amount of youth who start using nicotine products.
- Have an adult lead.
- Complete the Project Proposal form.
- Plan and put in place a project.
- Present project and showcase your work!
- Create an educational video.
- Complete activities—Demonstration, role play, etc.
- Develop presentations—For community leaders, adults, peer, etc.
- Peer to peer education.
- Create a media campaign.
- Design your own project.
- Alternative tobacco—Hookah, cigarillos, chew, cigars, etc.
- Tobacco marketing—Point of sale, targeting youth, community store assessments.
- E-cigs/vapes—Educating on risks, advocating for stricter policies, etc.
Health Department assistance
- Educational materials and training about tobacco and alternative products.
- Technical assistance.
- Supply snacks and other materials.
- Host a celebration for all completed projects.
Contact Jessica Alvestad at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 377-4242.