Connecting refugees and asylum seekers with important resources
The Health Department’s Refugee Health program screens refugees and asylees who move to Pierce County from other countries, states and counties.
We partner with medical providers in the community to provide:
- Tuberculosis testing and treatment.
- HIV and STD testing.
- Stool testing.
- Anemia and lead screening.
- Physical exams.
- Referrals for dental, vision and medical conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Certification of Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (I-693 Form) for adjustment of permanent status (Permanent Resident Card or "Green Card").
Contact the Refugee Health Program at (253) 798-6410.
Guide to Refugee Health Program Brochure
- A Guide to the Refugee Health Program Brochure (English)—Information about health screenings, aid programs, employment, and more.
- የስደተኞች ጤና ፕሮግራም መመሪያ ይጎብኙ (Amharic)
- مقاطعة بيرس برنامج صحة اللاجئين إلى واشنطن . , دليل على (Arabic)
- راهنمای برنامه بهداشت پناهندگان(Farsi)
- Guide du programme de santé pour les réfugiés (French)
- لارښود روغتیا د پروګرام یو د کډوالو د (Pashto)
- Руководство по Программе здравоохранения для беженцев (Russian)
- Hage Barnaamijka Caafimaadka Qaxootiga (Somali)
- Mwongozo wa Programu ya Afya kwa Wakimbizi (Swahili)
- Hướng dẫn về Chương Trình Sức Khoẻ dành cho Người Tị Nạn (Vietnamese)
- Health Reach–Health information website that offers many different languages.
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)–Visit the USCIS webpage to read news on presidential Actions on immigration.
- Tacoma Community House (TCH)–Organization that serves the Puget Sound through education, employment, immigration and advocacy.