Attention teachers, counselors, nurses, school staff, anyone who works with teens!
Join us Oct. 9, 3:30-6:30 p.m. in the Health Department auditorium.
Local experts from Rebuilding Hope! Sexual Assault Center for Pierce County and the Health Department present a discussion of sexual health topics affecting Pierce County teens.
- How to talk to teens about consent.
- Sexually transmitted disease trends in Pierce County.
- De-stigmatizing discussions about sexual health.
Register to attend at https://2019-sexual-health-edu-update.eventbrite.com.
Free admission. Food provided.
Clock hours through SNOW for $9 cash or check.
- Pierce County adolescent STD trends.
- Local STD testing and resources for students.
- Challenges LGBTQ students face and local resources.
- Discussing healthy relationships with middle and high school students.
- Pierce County adolescent STD maps.
- Healthy relationships quiz.
- Personal health teacher guide.
- Pierce County LGBTQ youth resources.
Click below to view video. LGBTQ panel discussion not recorded.
- Pierce County and Washington STD data.
- Disease investigation.
- What is PrEP?
- Youth marijuana use and vaping.
View the PowerPoint presentation. The event was not recorded.