Attention teachers, counselors, nurses, school staff, anyone who works with teens!
Every year, the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department invites local experts to present on sexual health education topics. View past presentations here. Information on the 2020 event coming soon.
- How to talk to teens about consent.
- Sexually transmitted disease trends in Pierce County.
- De-stigmatizing discussions about sexual health.
- Pierce County adolescent STD trends.
- Local STD testing and resources for students.
- Challenges LGBTQ students face and local resources.
- Discussing healthy relationships with middle and high school students.
- Pierce County adolescent STD maps.
- Healthy relationships quiz.
- Personal health teacher guide.
- Pierce County LGBTQ youth resources.
Click below to view video. LGBTQ panel discussion not recorded.
- Pierce County and Washington STD data.
- Disease investigation.
- What is PrEP?
- Youth marijuana use and vaping.
View the presentation. The event was not recorded.