Sharing is not always caring.
Contagious illness is common among children. And it often spreads quickly in schools and childcare centers. Responding properly can prevent and contain outbreaks.
- School nurse and administrator resources—Washington State Department of Health.
- Infectious disease control guidelines—Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Parent letters—Disease-specific, downloadable templates.
- When is your child too sick for school? Also available in Spanish.
- When to keep your child home (exclusion guidelines). Also available in Spanish.
- Flu symptom checklist.