Sharing is not always caring.
Contagious illnesses are common among children. When infections occur, they often spread quickly in schools and childcares. As school health professionals and childcare providers, it's important for you to know how to respond to prevent and contain outbreaks.
- Infectious Disease Control Guidelines for School Staff—Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Parent Letters page—disease-specific, downloadable templates for notifying parents.
- When is Your Child Too Sick for School infographic—English, Spanish.
- When to keep your child home (exclusion guidelines)—English.
- Flu symptom checklist.
- Controlling norovirus.
- Cleaning information.
- Fact sheet.
- Infographic poster.
- Sample school newsletter article.