Sharing is not always caring.
Contagious illnesses are common among children. When infections occur, they often spread quickly in schools and childcare settings. As school health professionals and childcare providers, it is important that you know how to respond so that you can prevent and contain outbreaks.
- Infectious Disease Control Guidelines for School Staff (Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction)
- Parent Letters Page—disease-specific, downloadable templates for notifying parents.
- When is Your Child Too Sick for School infographic (English) (Spanish).
- When is Your Child Too Sick for School parent letter (English)(Spanish).
- Flu Symptom Checklist.
- Exclusions letter for schools.
- Exclusions letter for childcare.