Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
Interested in implementing SBIRT in your practice?
SBIRT Oregon offers an online video training and other resources to address alcohol, drug use, and depression with patients.
SBIRT Oregon offers screening forms in seven languages, including editable versions
- Brief Screening Form—Screen adults for alcohol, drug use, and depression
- Adult Alcohol Screening Questionnaire
- Adult Drug Screening Questionnaire
- Teen Health Screen—Screen youth for alcohol, drug use, and depression
- Pregnant and Postpartum Patients—Screen for tobacco, alcohol, drug use, depression, and intimate partner violence
- Prescription Monitoring Program—Includes registration and login
- Fact Sheet – Introduction to the Prescription Monitoring Program
- Prescription Review: Prescribe Healthy, Dispense Safely (DOH)
- Interagency Guideline on Prescribing Opioids for Pain
- Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain fact sheet (CDC)
- Prescribing Opioids for Acute Pain fact sheet (Bree Collaborative)
- Opioid Use in Pregnancy (ACOG)
Resources for providers
- Pain and Opioid Consult Hotline.
- Opioid dose calculator.
- MATx—Mobile app for medication assisted treatment of opioid use disorder.
- Billing Information
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration MAT services locator
- Narcan (Naloxone) Information
Resources for patients
- Needle exchange locations
- Pierce County Narcotics Anonymous
- Washington Recovery Help Line
- Pierce County United Way
- Crisis and treatment resources
- Prescription Opioid Fact Sheet
- Medication Takeback Locations