- Interagency guidelines on prescribing opioids for pain and summary report.
- Quick references.
- Opioid use in pregnancy.
Continuing education training
Preparing for new opioid prescribing rules (Washington State Medical Association, December 2018).
Resources for providers
- Local medication-assisted treatment (MAT) providers.
- Pain and opioid consult hotline.
- UW TelePain—Weekly consultation with pain specialists to help manage challenging chronic pain cases.
- Naloxone (Narcan) prescribing.
- Patient guide on opioid risks with provider considerations for medication tapering.
Resources for patients
- Prescription opioid fact sheet.
- Avoid overdose infographic.
- Needle exchange locations.
- Medication takeback locations.
- Naloxone (Narcan) information.
- Washington Recovery Helpline.
- Pierce County Narcotics Anonymous.
- Pierce County United Way.
Screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment (SBIRT)
Interested in implementing SBIRT in your practice?
SBIRT Oregon offers an online video training and other resources to address alcohol, drug use and depression with patients.
SBIRT Oregon offers screening forms in 7 languages, including editable versions.
- Brief screening form—Screen adults for alcohol, drug use and depression.
- Adult alcohol screening questionnaire.
- Adult drug screening questionnaire.
- Teen health screen—Screen youth for alcohol, drug use, and depression.
- Pregnant and postpartum patients—Screen for tobacco, alcohol, drug use, depression and intimate partner violence.