Live and play in Pierce County.
Physically active people tend to live longer. Even small increases in light to moderate activity will improve your health. Check with your doctor before you start exercise and start slowly.
Physical activity will help you:
- Prevent and manage symptoms of chronic disease.
- Maintain healthy weight.
- Improve strength, balance and flexibility.
- Improve sleep and increase energy.
- Prevent falls and fractures.
- Maintain a greater sense of well-being.
Regular physical activity can help you prevent or manage:
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Some cancers.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Tacoma-Pierce County Walking Guide—Information and details about many local parks and trails. Also includes tips on how to start a walking program.
- City of Puyallup Walking Map—Various walking routes and walking tips.
- Pierce County Parks and Recreation—Local resources for recreation activities.
- Community Walkability—Resources to improve your neighborhood's walkability.