Baby teeth are important!
Baby teeth help your child:
- Chew solid food.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduce school absences.
- Save space for permanent teeth.
Early dental care can prevent dental decay and costly restorative care.
The Access to Baby and Child Dentistry (ABCD) program:
- Helps you find a dentist in your area who accepts Apple Health. All ABCD dentists work with very young children.
- Provides education on how to take care of your child's teeth and prevent cavities.
- Promotes early dental care for young children from age one or their first tooth.
- Promotes a positive dental experience.
Eligible children must be 0-5 years old, have a ProviderOne ID card and be a Pierce County resident.
- Dental checkups—twice a year.
- Fluoride treatments—twice a year.
- Family education—twice a year.
- Fillings and other treatment—as needed.
Contact ABCD at (253) 798-4720 or register for the ABCD program online.