Healthy eating, healthy living
Healthy eating suggestions:
- Eat five or more servings of vegetables and fruit every day.
- Eat meals together as a family.
- Don't use food as a reward or withhold food as a punishment.
- Drink water and limit intake of beverages with added sugar.
- Stock the refrigerator with healthy snacks.
- Eat a healthy breakfast every day.
Let's Go! 5210
Let's Go! 5210 is a campaign message to help kids and families eat healthy and be active:
- 5-Fruits and veggies.
- 2-Hours or less of recreational screen time.
- 1-Hour or more of physical activity.
- 0-Sugary drinks. More water and low-fat milk.
- Local Farmers Markets—Health Department list of Pierce County Farmers Markets.
- CDC-Nutrition For Everyone—SuperTracker for Food, Health, and Fitness
- Nutrition.gov-Smart Nutrition Starts Here—Learn about healthy eating.
- USDA-Choose My Plate—Build your healthy eating style.
- Ready, Set, Go! 5210 Video Featuring Community Gardens
- Produce: More Matters—Learn how to increase fruits and vegetables into your diet.
- Diet and Nutrition Information—Healthy eating information from the American Heart Association.
- Health Trek—Nutrition and fitness program for middle school youth.