Take steps to protect yourself and your family from lead.
- Lead in Drinking Water Fact Sheet—WA State Department of Health.
- Fight Lead Poisoning with a Healthy Diet—U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Get the Lead Out-Facts About Nutrition and Lead Poisoning—Illinois Department of Public Health.
How to protect your family
- Protect Your Family from Lead in Your ..Home—EPA
- Keep Your Child Safe from Lead —EPA.
- Reduce Exposure to Lead in Older Homes—WA Toxics Coalition Fact Sheet.
- Take Healthy Actions—Facts about lead and arsenic in soil.
- Lead Paint and Lead Safety Video—Learn how to play it safe.
- EPA—Lead and how to test drinking water, renovate safely and find a lead-safe certified renovation firm.
- Tacoma Public Utilities—More about water quality and how to keep lead out of water.
- WA State Department of Health—Lead exposure, who is at risk for lead poisoning, health effects, testing and more.
- Dirt Alert Program—Learn about arsenic and lead in the soil.
- HealthyStuff.org or U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission—Check your child's toys for lead.