Healthy kids. Healthy families. Healthy communities.
Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) helps parents around the world become more loving, confident and effective in their parenting style. The evidenced-based program promotes safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments. This can reduce:
- Child abuse and neglect.
- Child out-of-home/foster care placements.
- Hospitalizations or emergency room visits because of child abuse or neglect.
- The negative effects of adverse childhood experiences.
- Poor health across the lifespan.
- Health disparities.
Triple P in practice
Primary Care Triple P is designed for any family experiencing behavior issues like:
- Temper tantrums.
- Chores or homework struggles.
- Bedtime or mealtime problems.
In just 2 to 4, 30 minute to 1 hour sessions, parents of children ages birth-12 years can learn how to:
- Motivate positive behavior.
- Tackle problem behavior.
- Become more confident.
- Set realistic parenting expectations.
"Triple P is the only research-based parenting program that provides the flexibility to adapt to the needs of families and to a variety of service settings. It is highly appealing to me as a pediatrician because it provides a set of tools that allow me to address common concerns of parents efficiently and effectively."
-John C. Duby, M.D., Director, Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, Akron Children's Hospital, Ohio.
What you can do
Primary Care Triple P will be available early 2020. If you’re a primary care provider:
- Let us know you’re interested. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 798-4608.
- Refer a family to the Triple P program.
- Sign up for Family Support Partnership eNotifications.