Learn more about viral hepatitis.
Find out more about vulnerable populations, educational resources and hepatitis research from other organizations.
- Mapping hepatitis elimination in action—We're on the map! See what we and other health departments are doing to eliminate hepatitis B and C.
- Washington's plan to eliminate hepatitis C.
- National strategy for eliminating hepatitis B and C—Phase 2 report.
- National viral hepatitis action plan 2017-2020.
- World Health Organization plan—Eliminate hepatitis B and C by 2030.
Washington State Department of Health
- epiTRENDS—Monthly bulletin on epidemiology and public health practice in Washington.
- Chronic hepatitis B and C surveillance report—Summary of reported cases, December 2000-2011.
- Hepatitis information for the public.
- Viral hepatitis in Washington, 2016.
State and national hepatitis organizations
- Hepatitis education project—Educational materials and support for patients with hepatitis.
- Hepatitis C online—Diagnosis, monitoring and management of hepatitis C virus infection.
- Asian and Pacific Islanders—Population risk for hepatitis B, barriers to screening, vaccination promotion and strategies to engage Asian communities.
- Men who have sex with men (MSM)—Risks of getting sexually transmitted diseases, including hepatitis A and B.
- People who use injection drugs—Risks for hepatitis B and C infection through the sharing of needles and drug-preparation equipment.
Viral hepatitis in specific settings
- Healthcare settings—Exposure and transmission in health facilities.
- Correctional facilities—Hepatitis risk for the incarcerated. Additional information can be found at Correctional Health.
- Diabetes—Viral hepatitis infection in long-term care facilities with blood glucose monitoring equipment.
- Prevention of Hepatitis A Through Active or Passive Immunity—Recommendations of the ACIP MMWR 2006; 55 (RR-7).
- Recommendations for Identification and Public Health Management of Persons with Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Infection—MMWR 2008; 57 (RR-8).
- A Comprehensive Immunization Strategy to Eliminate Transmission of Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the United States—Recommendations of the ACIP Part 1: Immunization of Infants, Children, and Adolescents. MMWR 2005:54 (RR-16).
- A Comprehensive Immunization Strategy to Eliminate Transmission of Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the United States—Recommendations of the ACIP Part II: Immunization of Adults. MMWR 2006; 55 (RR-16).
- Recommendations for the Identification of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection Among Persons Born During 1945–1965—MMWR 2012; 61(RR-4).