Help for people impacted by COVID-19
- Sound Sound 2-1-1—Talk with a navigator about the most up-to-date resources
- Pierce County school meal distribution sites—Free meals for all children ages 0-18.
- Emergency Food Network—Food pantry locations and hours.
- Free Xfinity wifi for everyone.
- Tacoma Public Utilities Emergency Assistance Program—$250 utility credit for eligible single-family households.
- Pierce County's Energy Assistance Program.
- Puget Sound Energy's COVID-19 response.
- Veterans Assistance Program—Emergency assistance with food, rent and utilities.
- Find Help—Assistance for food, bills and other free or reduced cost programs.
Mental health and family support resources
- Disaster Distress Helpline—for anyone experiencing distress or other mental health concerns: (800) 985-5990. Press 2 for Spanish. Available 24 hours a day.
- Pierce County crisis line—for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis: (800) 576-7764. Available 24 hours a day.
- Family Support Partnership—resources and support for families and their children.
- Behavioral Health—resources to help children, families and communities thrive.
- Washington State Employment Security Department—Programs designed to help individuals and employers affected by COVID-19.
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries—Information and guidance on the state's paid sick leave laws related to COVID-19.
- Govenor Inslee's support for workers and business impacted by COVID-19.
- Make it Tacoma—City of Tacoma's employer and employee resources.
Help your community
What if I don't have access to the internet to receive COVID-19 information?