Information to help you breathe better.
Asthma management tools
Learn how to manage asthma, use your inhaler and reduce your exposure to triggers.
- What is Asthma?—The basics on asthma, from Duke Children’s Hospital and Health Center.
- Asthma Action Plan—Understand what to do to keep it under control and know how to respond to symptoms.
- Why you should use an Asthma Action Plan—Learn about the importance of Asthma Action Plan.
- Asthma Control Test (Ages 4 through 11)—Help your child's healthcare provider determine if your child's asthma symptoms are well controlled.
- Asthma Control Test (Ages 12 and older)—Help you and your healthcare provider determine if your asthma symptoms are well controlled.
- Asthma Diary—Record your asthma symptoms, peak flow readings and medication.
- How to Use a Metered Dose Inhaler with a Spacer—See the correct way to use your metered dose inhaler.
- Quick Relief and Controller Medications—Learn the difference between Quick Relief medication and Controller medication.
- Asthma Triggers—Asthma triggers and what you can do to reduce your exposure.
- Asthma: Your New Diagnosis—Understanding asthma.
Allergy and cleaning
Safe and effective cleaning guides for your home.
- Mold Frequently Asked Questions—Learn about mold in your home.
- A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture and Your Home—EPA guide to help you control mold and moisture.
- Toxic Free Future – Healthy Homes Green Cleaning—Learn how to reduce your exposure to toxic home chemicals.
- Less Toxic Pest Management—Find non-toxic and less-toxic solutions to manage pests around the home.
- Bed Bug Prevention—Bed bug prevention and treatment information.
- MultiCare Mary Bridge Pediatric Asthma Testing and Treatment—Resources from our local children’s hospital.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America—Educational resources for healthcare professionals.
- My Life as an Asthma Mom Blog—Written by a mom with allergies and asthma.
- AirSafe Pierce County—Learn about the Woodstove Buy Back Program, sign up for burn ban alerts and more.
- Puget Sound Clean Air Agency—Find air quality forecasts and burn ban information.
- US EPA-Indoor Air and Asthma—Learn more about asthma.
- Washington State Asthma Data—Learn about the asthma rates in Washington State.
- Dirt Alert—Learn about lead and arsenic in soil and sampling results.
- Puget Sound Clean Air Agency: Asbestos—What you should know.
- Healthcare.gov—Health Insurance Marketplace and the Affordable Care Act.
- Quitting Tobacco—Learn how to quit tobacco.
- Smoke-Free Housing—Smoke free housing options in Pierce County.
- Mold Information—Learn about mold, health effects from mold, how to get mold problems fixed, and where to find legal or housing assistance.