Have a conversation.
84% of Pierce County parents have clear rules about alcohol and drugs. Help your child be healthy and safe.
What should I say?
Every family is unique. You know your kids best. Be honest and speak from the heart. Let them know why you worry. Remind them you care. Tell them you’re ALWAYS willing to listen and talk about the dangers of alcohol and other drugs.
Kids say their parents are the most influential people in their lives. Give them clear guidance and rules that will keep them healthy and safe.
Want to get help with drug and alcohol prevention?
Join the Pierce County Prevention Collaborative.
- Youth Marijuana Prevention Toolkit—Learn more about marijuana use and prevention.
- Juego de herramientas de prevención de la marihuana para jóvenes, español—Obtenga más información sobre el uso y la prevención de la marihuana.
- You Can WA—Washington State Department of Health comprehensive website focusing on youth marijuana prevention.
- E-Cig and Vapor Toolkit—Learn more about vaping and e-cigarettes.
- Lock it Up!—Find tools to keep your medications secured.
- Safe Storage & Others' Safety—Cannabis safety is important for everyone—even those who aren’t consuming it.
- Start Talking Now—Get help talking to your kids about healthy choices.
- Stop Opioid Abuse—Find out what you can do to prevent opioid misuse.
- Washington State Liquor & Cannabis Board.
Contact the Prevention Program at (253) 377-5904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.