Did you know that 84% of Pierce County parents have clear rules about alcohol and drugs?
But what should I say?
Every family is unique. You know your kids best. Just be honest and speak from the heart.
Let them know why you worry, how much you care and that you’re ALWAYS willing to patiently listen and discuss their questions about the dangers of alcohol and other drugs.
Kids say their parents are the most influential people in their lives. They don’t want to disappoint you! Honor their respect with clear guidance and rules that will keep them safe and healthy.
How can I become more involved?
Join the Pierce County Prevention Collaborative.
- Youth Marijuana Prevention Toolkit—Learn more about marijuana use and prevention.
- Juego de herramientas de prevención de la marihuana para jóvenes, español—Obtenga más información sobre el uso y la prevención de la marihuana.
- You Can WA—Washington State Department of Health comprehensive website focusing on youth marijuana prevention.
- E-Cig and Vapor Toolkit—Learn more about vaping and e-cigarettes.
- Lock it Up!—Find tools to keep your medications secured.
- Safe Storage & Others' Safety—Cannabis safety is important for everyone—even those who aren’t consuming it.
- Start Talking Now—Get help talking to your kids about healthy choices.
- Stop Opioid Abuse—Find out what you can do to prevent opioid misuse.
- Washington State Liquor & Cannabis Board.
Contact the Prevention Program at (253) 377-5904 or email@example.com.