Meet septic system requirements before you do.
Get your septic system pumped and inspected before you sell your property. After the Health Department inspection, we issue a Report of System Status (RSS) which:
- States the condition of the system at the time of inspection.
- Includes information about any non-compliance with requirements of the permit.
- Includes best practices for long-term septic system care.
Let's get started.
- Contact a certified professional. Have your system inspected and the tanks pumped.
- Submit your inspection report and RSS application online, by mail or in person.
- We review the application and report for problems.
Need more information?
- Frequently asked questions about the RSS process
- What is Report of System Status and how do I get one? Outlines how to prepare for a home sale if you have a septic system.
- 90 day conditional RSS. Used to sell a property where a deficiency has been identified. Includes an agreement to resolve issues within 90 days.
- Water supply review for your private or public water system. Checks the adequacy of the water supply.
- RSS Request for Exemption form
- Septic System Service Companies certified to work in Pierce County.
- Find your record drawing online. Search for records on any property.
- Search for previous service and inspection reports online.
- RSS Guidance for properties with multiple structures.
Contact us at EHsepticsystems@tpchd.org or (253) 798-7392.