We help you keep it clean.
Healthy septic systems are good for your family, your wallet, and the environment. With just a few simple steps, you can protect your septic—and avoid costly repairs. Your groundwater and Puget Sound lakes, rivers, and beaches benefit, too!
What is a septic system?
A tank and drain field treats what you flush or send down drains.
A maintained septic system keeps you and the environment healthy and helps:
- Reduce the risk of people getting sick from untreated sewage.
- Reduce the risk of contaminating groundwater and surface water.
- Save you money and extend the life of your system.
Our role is to:
- Work with septic system professionals to approve system design, location and installation.
- Educate property owners to make sure their septic system gets proper maintenance.
What are the regulations?
- Environmental Health Code, Chapter 1, General Provisions
- Environmental Health Code, Chapter 2, On-Site Sewage
- Environmental Health Code, Chapter 3, Water Regulation
- Appeals Process of Orders and Decisions of the Health Officer
- Designers & Engineers licensed to work in Pierce County
- Installation Firms—List of firms certified to work in Pierce County
- Fee Schedule—On-Site Sewage fee schedule.
- File a complaint about a Pierce County Septic Service Company or individual.
- Septic System Service Companies—List of companies certified to work in Pierce County.
Have questions? We have answers!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 798-6470.