Immunization is the best way to protect yourself and your family against many dangerous diseases.
The children's immunization calendar may change frequently . Please check back on a regular basis for the most up-to-date information.
Free immunizations for all children:
Free immunizations for uninsured/underinsured adults:
- Sites - updated 2/13/14
Children's Immunization Information
Immunization protects children from many dangerous diseases. It's never too late to catch up on immunizations. Your child can be immunized even if they have a minor illness; the immunization will be effective and will not make your child's illness worse.
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department partners with Franciscan Health System; MultiCare Health System; Mary Bridge Children's Hospital and Health Center; and Pierce County Immunization Coalition to provide free children's immunizations.
The Miracle of Vaccines
A panel of survivors tells their life changing stories of their battles with vaccine preventable disease.
- Charles Stafford Loveland tells his story of how POLIO shaped and has forever changed his life.
- Tina Jenson tells the tragic story of her daughter's death from H1N1 PANDEMIC FLU.
- Leslie Miegs and her fight to live and her lifelong battle with MENINGOCOCCAL DISEASE (part 1).
- Leslie Miegs and her fight to live and her lifelong battle with MENINGOCOCCAL DISEASE (part 2).
- Recommended Birth to 18 Years Immunization Schedule
- Recommended 4 Months to 18 Years Catch-up Immunization Schedule
- Interactive Immunization Catch-up Scheduler
- Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations
- Plain Talk About Childhood Immunizations
- Immunization Information for Teens and College Students
- Kids Aren't Just Small Adults
- Los Niños No Son Simplemente Adultos Pequeños
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program Information for Parents
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) - English
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) - Spanish
Adults' Immunization Information
To find vaccines in your area, place your zip code in below, then select go.
It is important to keep your immunizations current throughout your lifetime.
- Adult immunization sites in Pierce County
- Recommended adult immunization schedule
- Travel immunization information
- Where to go to get a tuberculosis (TB) skin test (or "PPD")
Healthcare Providers and Staff
Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program forms have moved to a new VFC Program page. If you are a VFC Program provider and you use a bookmark to access this page, please update your bookmark to take you to the new VFC Program page.