Immunization is the best way to protect yourself and your family against many dangerous diseases.
The children's immunization calendar may change frequently. Please check back on a regular basis for the most up-to-date information.
Your insurance company will be billed an administration fee for the vaccine. If your insurance company does not cover the administrative fee or you have no insurance, you will not be billed.
Free immunizations for all children:
A complete list of immunization requirements is available at the following Web pages:
Multicare Mobile Immunization Web Page
Free immunizations for uninsured/underinsured adults:
- Sites - updated 2/13/14
Children's Immunization Information
Immunization protects children from many dangerous diseases. It's never too late to catch up on immunizations. Your child can be immunized even if they have a minor illness; the immunization will be effective and will not make your child's illness worse.
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department partners with CHI Franciscan Health; MultiCare Health System; Mary Bridge Children's Hospital and Health Center; and Pierce County Immunization Coalition to provide free children's immunizations.
The Miracle of Vaccines
A panel of survivors tells their life changing stories of their battles with vaccine preventable disease.
- Charles Stafford Loveland tells his story of how POLIO shaped and has forever changed his life.
- Tina Jenson tells the tragic story of her daughter's death from H1N1 PANDEMIC FLU.
- Leslie Miegs and her fight to live and her lifelong battle with MENINGOCOCCAL DISEASE (part 1).
- Leslie Miegs and her fight to live and her lifelong battle with MENINGOCOCCAL DISEASE (part 2).
- Childhood Immunization Guide
- Recommended Birth to 18 Years Immunization Schedule
- Recommended 4 Months to 18 Years Catch-up Immunization Schedule
- Interactive Immunization Catch-up Scheduler
- Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations
- Immunization Information for Teens and College Students
- Kids Aren't Just Small Adults
- Los Niños No Son Simplemente Adultos Pequeños
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program Information for Parents
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) - English
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) - Spanish
Adults' Immunization Information
To find vaccines in your area, place your zip code in below, then select go.
It is important to keep your immunizations current throughout your lifetime.
- Adult immunization sites in Pierce County
- Adult Whooping Cough Vaccine (free/low cost whooping cough vaccine for adults)
- Recommended adult immunization schedule
- Travel immunization information
- Where to go to get a tuberculosis (TB) skin test (or "PPD")
Worksite Flu Immunization
Healthcare Providers and Staff
Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program forms have moved to a new VFC Program page. If you are a VFC Program provider and you use a bookmark to access this page, please update your bookmark to take you to the new VFC Program page.
NEW!! Immunization Toolkit for Washington State School and Childcares
- Animal Bites
- Applications and Forms
- Bat Exposure
- Breast, Cervical & Colon Health Program
- Emergency Preparedness
- Office of Assessment, Planning & Improvement
- Planning for Healthy Communities
- Public Health Data
- Renew Permits Online
- West Nile virus