Immunization is the best way to protect yourself and your family against many dangerous diseases.
The children's immunization calendar may change frequently . Please check back on a regular basis for the most up-to-date information.
Free immunizations for all children:
Free immunizations for uninsured/underinsured adults:
Children's Immunization Information
Immunization protects children from many dangerous diseases. It's never too late to catch up on immunizations. Your child can be immunized even if they have a minor illness; the immunization will be effective and will not make your child's illness worse.
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department partners with Franciscan Health System; MultiCare Health System; Mary Bridge Children's Hospital and Health Center; and Pierce County Immunization Coalition to provide free children's immunizations.
- Recommended Birth to 18 Years Immunization Schedule
- Recommended 4 Months to 18 Years Catch-up Immunization Schedule
- Interactive Immunization Catch-up Scheduler
- Immunizations: Birth through 6 Years
- Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations
- Plain Talk About Childhood Immunizations
- Immunization Information for Teens and College Students
- Kids Aren't Just Small Adults
- Los Niños No Son Simplemente Adultos Pequeños
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program Information for Parents
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) - English
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) - Spanish
Adults' Immunization Information
To find vaccines in your area, place your zip code in below, then select go.
It is important to keep your immunizations current throughout your lifetime.
- Adult immunization sites in Pierce County
- Recommended adult immunization schedule
- Travel immunization information
- Where to go to get a tuberculosis (TB) skin test (or "PPD")
Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program forms have moved to a new VFC Program page. If you are a VFC Program provider and you use a bookmark to access this page, please update your bookmark to take you to the new VFC Program page.