Immunization is the best way to protect yourself and your family against a wide variety of dangerous diseases.
Immunization protects children from a wide variety of dangerous diseases. It's never too late to catch up on immunizations, even if your child is behind schedule. Your child can be immunized even if they have a minor illness; the immunization will be effective and will not make your child's illness worse.
Children's FREE Immunization Sites and Calendar
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department partners with Franciscan Health System; MultiCare Health System; Mary Bridge Children's Hospital and Health Center; and Pierce County Immunization Coalition to provide FREE children's immunizations.
- Children's FREE immunization calendar for June 2013 - updated 5/30/13
- Children's FREE immunization sites - updated 6/14/13
Immunizations Required for School Attendance
- Recommended Birth to 18 Years Immunization Schedule
- Recommended 4 Months to 18 Years Catch-up Immunization Schedule
- Interactive Immunization Catch-up Scheduler
- Immunizations: Birth through 6 Years
- Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations
- Plain Talk About Childhood Immunizations
- Immunization Information for Teens and College Students
- Kids Aren't Just Small Adults
- Los Niños No Son Simplemente Adultos Pequeños
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program Information for Parents
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) - English
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) - Spanish
It is important to keep your immunizations current throughout your lifetime.