School and Student Health
Healthy Students = Successful Students
Physical and mental health, as well as social and emotional well-being, play a critical role in a student’s ability to learn. To be successful at school and achieve academically, students need to arrive at school ready to learn, remain engaged, and have access to strong support systems in their school, home, and community.
View our School Services Directory.
For more information about services the Health Department provides to schools, or to make connections with Health Department staff that support student health contact someone below:
Our Commitment to School Health
To achieve our vision of Healthy People in Healthy Communities, the Health Department offers or facilitates a wide range of programs, services, and connections for schools. These programs and services are developed and enhanced through suggestions and feedback we receive from schools and school districts.
The Health Department serves more than 250 public schools in 15 school districts, and numerous private schools throughout Pierce County.
Providers and Partners
- Communicable Disease Control
- Communicable Disease Reporting and Resources
- Ebola Virus Disease Information for Healthcare Providers
- Family Support
- For School Nurses, Staff and Childcare Providers
- Health Advisories and Alerts
- Immunization Information for Healthcare Providers
- Infection Control
- Influenza Information for Medical Providers
- Pertussis Information for Medical Providers
- Pierce County Medical Reserve Corps
- Refugee Health
- Reported Select Notifiable Conditions
- School and Student Health
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Provider Information
- Worksite Flu Immunization