Antibiotic resistance continues to be a major public health concern. The Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department and the Washington State Department of Health work together to control antibiotic resistance by promoting the judicious and appropriate use of antibiotics. Of particular concern is the increasing number of cases of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections.
Resources providing evidence-based guidance on prescribing antibiotics and on infection control practices have been developed. Educational materials to help you talk with your patients about appropriate use of antibiotics are also available.
Providers and Partners
- Communicable Disease Control
- Communicable Disease Reporting and Resources
- For School Nurses, Staff and Childcare Providers
- Health Advisories and Alerts
- Immunization Information for Healthcare Providers
- Infection Control
- Influenza Information for Medical Providers
- Pertussis Information for Medical Providers
- Pierce County Medical Reserve Corps
- Refugee Health
- School and Student Health
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Provider Information