Technical AssistanceBrianna Smith, MS, RD
Brianna is a Registered Dietitian and school nutrition consultant with over eight years of experience in nutrition education and health promotion. In her role as Nutrition Services Manager for Highline Public Schools, Brianna was responsible for nutrition education and marketing, menu development, site supervision and managing diets for students with special dietary needs. Throughout her career, Brianna has been active in district dietetic associations and has been a speaker for numerous organizations and groups for healthy eating, cooking and school nutrition. She is a trainer for the School Nutrition Association and currently the Let's Move State Coordinator for the Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
In addition to school nutrition, Brianna's background includes clinical nutrition, community health education and sports nutrition. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Food and Nutrition from Seattle Pacific University and her Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from Central Michigan University.
Technical assistance Brianna can provide to Pierce County Schools includes:
- Developing or identifying new, cost effective healthy lunch menus or items;
- Conducting nutrient analysis and providing training on Nutrikids software;
- Providing training, technical assistance, guidance and recommendations for implementing the Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act;
- Providing guidance and recommendations on food safety regulations to ensure proper food handling and serving.
Health and Wellness
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Breast, Cervical & Colon Health Program
- Diseases and Conditions
- Health Care Reform
- Marijuana Health Effects
- MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
- Oral Health Program- Comprehensive Community Oral Health Plan
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Pregnancy and Parenting
- School and Student Health
- Tobacco Prevention and Control
- WIC Nutrition Program