The 2016-2017 Flu Season
The flu is more than just a bad cold. For several days, people can suffer with fever, cough, sore throat and body aches. Each year, influenza causes thousands of deaths and hospitalizations.
The best way to prevent flu is by getting a flu vaccine.
Information about Flu Illness
- Worried About the Flu? - Flu Patient Information
- Flu and You (CDC brochure)
- Flu Complications - Are you at risk?
- Flu and Children - Important information for parents
Influenza Vaccine Information and Resources
- Influenza Updates for Medical Providers
- Long Term Care Facilities Influenza Guidelines
- Influenza vaccine information
- Immunization information
- Vaccine Information Statements for the flu shot.
- Pregnant Women Need a Flu Shot (CDC Fact Sheet)
To find vaccines in your area, place your zip code in below, then select go.
Other Resources for Influenza Information
Health and Wellness
- (ABCD) Access to Baby and Child Dentistry
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Diseases and Conditions
- Health Care Reform
- Health Equity
- Hot Weather
- Marijuana Health Effects
- MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
- Oral Health Program- Comprehensive Community Oral Health Plan
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Pregnancy and Parenting
- Public Health Week
- School and Student Health
- Tobacco Prevention and Control
- WIC Nutrition Program