American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; provides many resources for patients and for healthcare professionals
American Lung Association, Washington chapter. Provides information about preventing lung disease and promoting lung health.
Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America; Education, advocacy, research, publications, chapters and support groups relating to allergies and asthma.
Allergy Control Products, Inc.; a commercial site that sells allergen avoidance products.
Canadian Mortgage & Housing Authority; Basic repairs and maintenance tips to make your home healthier.
National Center for Healthy Housing; develops amd promotes practical methods to protect children from environmental health hazards in their homes while preserving affordable housing.
Indoor Air Quality; seeks to reduce human health risks posed by contaminants in indoor environments - EPA
Puget Sound Clean Air Agency; Our job is to ensure that people in King, Kitsap, Pierce and Snohomish counties have clean air to breathe.
Soap and Detergent Association, Health and Safety; SDA is dedicated to advancing public understanding of the safety and benefits of cleaning products.
U.S Consumer Protection Agency; CPSC works to save lives and keep families safe by reduing the risk of injuries and deaths associated with consumer products.
Washington State Department of Ecology Air Quality Program; We're working to reduce toxic air pollution and its harm to our health.
California Indoor Air Quality Program - California Department of Health Services; conducts and promotes the coordination of research, investigations, experiments, demonstrations, surveys, and studies relating to the causes, effects, extent, prevention, and control of indoor pollution.
Toxics in the Home, Washington Toxics Coalition; WTC promotes alternatives, advocates policies, empowers communities, and educates people to create a healthy environmentRecursos en Espanol:
- Programa de Prevencion del Envenenamiento por Plomo (Lead Poisoning Prevention Program)
- Lo que Todo Padre Debe Saber Acerca del Envenenamiento por Plomo (what every parent should know about lead poisoning)
- Riesgos Ambientales y Efectos en la Salud (Environmental hazards and health effects)
For more information please call (253) 798-2954.
Health and Wellness
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Breast, Cervical & Colon Health Program
- Diseases and Conditions
- Hand Washing
- Health Care Reform
- Marijuana Health Effects
- MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
- Oral Health Program- Comprehensive Community Oral Health Plan
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Pregnancy and Parenting
- Tobacco Prevention and Control