Baby Teeth Are Important!
- Baby Teeth help your child chew solid foods properly and speak clearly
- Baby Teeth also help shape your child's face and save space for permanent teeth
- Starting dental care early can prevent dental decay and costly restorative care for your child
How can I enroll my child?
Click here to enroll online! Or call (253) 798-4720
What can the Access to Baby and Child Dentistry (ABCD) Program do for my child?
ABCD will help you find a child-friendly Dentist or Specialist in your area who will accept the Provider-One ID Card. All ABCD Dentists have been trained to work with very young children.
Provides Family Oral Health Education on how to take care of your child's teeth and prevent cavities.
Encourages families to seek early dental care for young children beginning at age 1 or first tooth eruption.
Promotes a positive dental experience and makes going to the Dentist easier for you and your child.
- Are ages 0 through 5 years old
- Have a ProviderOne ID Card
- Live in Pierce County
- Dental check-ups 2x each year
- Fluoride treatments 3x each year
- Family education 2x each year
- Fillings and other treatment as needed
Health and Wellness
- (ABCD) Access to Baby and Child Dentistry
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Diseases and Conditions
- Health Care Reform
- Health Equity
- Hot Weather
- Marijuana Health Effects
- MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
- Oral Health Program- Comprehensive Community Oral Health Plan
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Pregnancy and Parenting
- Public Health Week
- School and Student Health
- Tobacco Prevention and Control
- WIC Nutrition Program