Online Food Worker Card

Get Your Card Online!

You can now get your Food Worker card online! Go through the training, take the test and get your card at your convenience. The training and test is offered in English, Cambodian, Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese and Closed Caption.

Before you get started:

· Turn off your pop-up blockers.

· Try using a different browser if you have trouble. This course is designed to work with Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox.

· Connect to a working printer. You will print your Food Worker Card after you pass and pay.

· Connect to speakers/earphones/headset if your computer doesn’t have built in speakers.

· Food Worker Card costs $10 for new or renewal cards.

· Replacement cards or reprints can cost up to $10. Check your county for fee.

·  We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Charges on your bank statement will appear as TPC ONLINE FOOD CARDS.

Now that you’re ready, take the online course and test at:

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Who do I contact if I have a problem with the online class?

A: If you are having a problem you can call (253) 798-6145. Our office hours are Monday-  Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. If calling after 4:30pm, you can leave a message and one of our staff will call you back the next business day. You can also email us at When leaving a message or sending an email, please include:

  • Your full name;
  • Phone number and/or email address;
  • A description of the problem you are having.

Q: Can I stop during the training and complete it later on?

A: Yes. Your training session is good for 30 days from the date you originally started the training. You can log back in and just click on the Complete button to finish the training any time during this 30 day period. After the 30 days your training session will expire and you will need to start back at the beginning. If you stop during the test, you will be required to retake the entire test.

Q: My session has timed out. Now what do I do?

A: The online training will time out after about 30 minutes if there is no activity. Simply, sign out and then log back in again to complete the training.

Q: How do I print or reprint a card?

A: You can print yourr new card within four days of completing the test. You can reprint at any time by logging on to Check with your specific county for reprint fees. Be sure to use the exact same registration information you originally signed in with.

Q: How can I get a card that is valid for three years?

A: If you have an unexpired Washington State Food Worker Card, bring your old card and the card you received online into your local Health Department and we will issue you a three-year card. If your old card has expired, you will only be able to receive a two-year card. You can receive a five-year card if you have completed an approved advanced training course such as Serve Safe Food Managers Course.

Q: Why does it cost $10?

A: The $10 fee is set in state regulation, Washington Administrative Code 246-217-025. The fee is used by local health departments to defray the costs of food worker training and education, administration of the program, and testing of applicants.

Q: Do I have to sign my card once I print it?

A: Yes. Your signature is required on your valid food worker card.

For more FAQs please go to