The Health Department's Septic System Program and Operation & Maintenance Program work to ensure that septic systems are located and installed correctly and kept in good working condition. These efforts reduce the risk of contaminating groundwater and surface water, reduce the risk to people from exposure to untreated sewage, and help extend the working life of septic systems.
Septic System Inspections - onlineRME.com
Click here for an Extended Maintenance and Minor Repair Notification or Call (253) 798-3811
Environmental Health Code, Chapter 1, General Provisions - Board of Health Resolution 2010-4221
Environmental Health Code, Chapter 2, On-Site Sewage Board of Health Resolution 2014-4414
Appeals Process of Orders and Decisions of the Health Officer, Board of Health Resolution 2010-4224
To serve you better we have added new features to our web page. The following new features are now available:
- Asbuilt/Record Drawing Lookup
- Report of System Status Application can now be submitted online;
- Water Supply Review for Your Private or Public Water System
For information about new septic systems on undeveloped property, click here.
For information on remodeling or replacing structures on your property, click here.
For information on septic system repairs, click here.
For information on Operation and Maintenance of your septic system, click here.
For information on Report of System Status for real estate transactions, click here.
For more information about the Septic System Program call (253) 798-6470 or email us.
- Applications and Forms
- Business Pollution Prevention
- Community Safety
- Community Transformation
- Drinking Water & Wells
- Environmental Health Indicators Project
- Environmental Health Priorities
- Healthy Home Environment
- Planning for Healthy Communities
- Prevent and Respond to Flooding
- Septic Systems
- Site Investigation
- Surface Water: Lakes, Beaches and Shellfish
- Waste Management
- Wood Smoke Reduction Program