Natural Yard Care
Free Natural Yard Care Workshop Series
Live in Gig Harbor? Don't miss this great opportunity. Click here to view our workshop series flyer.
Interested in Natural Yard Care Workshops in your area? Contact Walt Burdsall at (253) 798-4708.
What We Do
The Health Department's Natural Yard Care program promotes environmental lawn and landscape maintenance to homeowners and professional landscapers across Pierce County.
Natural yard care practices emphasizes proper plant health care, including proper lawn grass management, using water and fertilizer resources judiciously, planting the right plant in the right place, and preserving healthy soil conditions.
By using Natural yard care practices, you can do your part to help the environment while having a beautiful yard that is healthy for your family, pets, and neighborhood.5 steps to Natural Yard Care:
- Build healthy soils
- Plant right for your site
- Practice smart watering
- Think twice before using pesticides
- Practice natural lawn care
- Applications and Forms
- Community Safety
- Community Transformation
- Drinking Water & Wells
- Environmental Health Indicators Project
- Environmental Health Priorities
- Healthy Home Environment
- Planning for Healthy Communities
- Prevent and Respond to Flooding
- Septic Systems
- Site Investigation
- Surface Water: Lakes, Beaches and Shellfish
- Waste Management
- Wood Smoke Reduction Program