Learn more about mold, possible health symptoms from mold, how to test for mold, how to get mold problems fixed and where to find legal or housing assistance.
Mold InformationThe Health Department does not provide mold inspections, testing or remediation services (cleanup and repairs). For mold inspections, testing and remediation, search the yellow pages. For more information on mold, call the Mold Line at (253) 798-6470, option 6 or email us.
Tenant and Landlord Information
- Mold (Washington Department of Health)
- Mold: Frequently Asked Questions
- Mold In My Home: What Do I Do? (California Department of Health Services)
- A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home (EPA): Includes tips on hiring a professional.
- Northwest Clean Air Agency: Videos and brochures providing education, tips and guidance. Click on the picture to view the mold video.
Legal and Housing Information
- Pierce County Planning and Land Services: Code and environmental enforcement.
- City of Tacoma Landlord-Tenant Program: Building code violations, repair/maintenance issues, rent/deposit issues and dispute resolution.
- Your Rights as a Tenant in Washington State
- What to do if Your Rental Needs Repairs: Includes a sample "Notice Requesting Repairs" and other requests, landlord responsibilities and what to do if repairs are not made.
- Sample "Reasonable Accommodation and Modification Requests"
- USDA Section 504 Rural Repair Program
- Tacoma-Pierce County Housing Project and Home Justice Project: (253) 572-5134
- Northwest Justice Project
- CLEAR Legal Help: Call 1 (888) 201-1014 weekdays from 9:15 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. Seniors can call 1 (888) 387-7111.
- Washington Law Help
- Pierce County Housing Resources Brochure
- Human Rights and Fair Housing Program
- Housing and Shelter Services
Clean Air for Kids program provides asthma resources and asthma home visits for children with asthma to help with medication management, identifying causes of asthma symptoms and provide simple solutions. Click Here to learn more.
- Applications and Forms
- Business Pollution Prevention
- Community Safety
- Community Transformation
- Drinking Water & Wells
- Environmental Health Indicators Project
- Environmental Health Priorities
- Healthy Home Environment
- Planning for Healthy Communities
- Prevent and Respond to Flooding
- Septic Systems
- Site Investigation
- Surface Water: Lakes, Beaches and Shellfish
- Waste Management
- Wood Smoke Reduction Program